Pradaxa efficacy in deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism (DVT/PE)
Experienced stroke prevention also approved for your DVT1,2
Pradaxa provides comparable efficacy to warfarin in DVT with superior bleeding reductions you can rely on.1–4
ONLY Pradaxa has been compared head-to-head with warfarin in a long-term study for up to 36 months.4
Pradaxa efficacy in primary prevention of venous thromboembolism
Pradaxa provides efficacy comparable to enoxaparin.5,6
After either total hip or total knee replacement, Pradaxa patients showed similar incidence of total VTE and all-cause mortality to enoxaparin.5,6
Pradaxa significantly lowered incidence of major VTE and VTE-related mortality after hip replacement, compared with enoxaparin.5
- Pradaxa 220 mg, 2.2% vs enoxaparin 40 mg, 4.2% (p=0.029)
Pradaxa and enoxaparin had similar incidence of major VTE and VTE-related mortality after knee replacement.6
- Pradaxa 220 mg, 2.6% vs enoxaparin 40 mg, 3.5% (p=0.38)
Pradaxa safety in primary prevention of venous thromboembolism
How does the bleeding risk of Pradaxa compare with enoxaparin in VTE?
After total hip or knee replacement, Pradaxa has a safety profile comparable to enoxaparin for both major and minor bleeding.5,6
- Pradaxa 220 mg and enoxaparin had a similar incidence of major and minor bleeding events after total hip and total knee replacement5,6
You may also like to watch these:
- Pradaxa Summary of Product Characteristics 2016. Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Boehringer Ingelheim. Data on file.
- Schulman S et al. N Engl J Med 2009;361(24):2342–2352.
- Schulman S et al. N Engl J Med 2013;368(8):709–718.
- Eriksson Bl et al. J Thromb Haemost 2011;105:721–729.
- Eriksson Bl et al. J Thromb Haemost 2007;5:2178–2185.